The War in Ukraine:
How You Can Help
GDP (Per Capita)
What’s Happening in Ukraine?
By now, you are all aware that there is a full-fledged war in Ukraine, the homeland of six of our JEEP-affiliated churches. These churches are in cities located primarily in the central, and western regions of Ukraine, in the cities of Ivano-Frankivsk, Rivne, Pidhaichyky, Dunaivtsi, and Mykolaiv. These cities and areas are now under some level of threat or direct assault by the Russian army.
The situation is dire and changing quickly: there are families fleeing the country to Hungary, Poland, and Germany; migrants from Kyiv and other cities are fleeing to smaller villages; some banks are limiting ATM withdrawals; energy and food shortages are arising, along with supply chain disruptions, currency devaluation, etc.
How are the Churches Doing?
At this very moment, the churches in Ukraine and in neighboring Poland and Hungary are:
- sheltering refugees
- assisting those who wish to cross the border
- supplying food to the poorest families in their communities who are hardest hit by the economic problems
- continuing to hold church services, even in bomb shelters
- supporting their communities
- sharing the love and peace of Christ in these hard times.
Latest News From Ukraine
Pictured above: the saints of Mykolaiv receive supplies. Russia’s ongoing assault on Ukraine has resulted in devastation in many areas, as well as personal loss, injury, humiliation, and deaths for many Ukrainian citizens. Many people in heavily sieged areas, such as...
We want to provide another update regarding the war Ukraine and our brethren there. Now entering its 8th week, the Russian army’s ongoing attack and occupation of Ukraine has resulted in the devastation of many areas, as well as personal loss, injury, humiliation,...
This update is from Sasha Pavliuk, pastor of the Dunaivtsy church, pictured above with a local volunteer holding a box of medicine: These days go by very quickly. I forget the dates and the day of the week. The war has completely changed our lives. I no longer...
How You Can Help
- PRAY for safety, comfort, and courage for the churches and the pastors. Pray for peace in Ukraine, for justice, for wisdom, and for provision, and for success in defending their country. Pray individually and in prayer meetings.
- SING. The Lord deserves our worship during this time. Glorify God for His power, grace, goodness, and justice. The Psalms as the weapons of our warfare are mighty in God (2 Cor. 10:4-5). Our resurrected Lord Jesus is established as King, He has all authority in earth and heaven, and He is working to bring the nations to Himself. Our proper response even in times of crisis and war is to sing Psalms and hymns of thanksgiving, praise, repentance, supplication, and imprecation.
- CONNECT with our Ukrainian CREC pastors and their churches on social media or personally, so that you can stay updated with the latest news and prayer requests. If you know a Ukrainian personally, reach out to them and let them know you are praying for them
- DONATE. Give generously and, if possible, regularly. We don’t know how long this crisis will last, but even if the conflict ends soon, the impacts will most likely be ongoing, and needs will arise over time. Your donations will help our brothers and sisters survive and minister to others during these difficult times.
CREC Churches in Ukraine
Reformed Church of Christ the Savior
The Reformed Church of Ivano-Frankivsk
Mission Church of Rivne Biblical Church
Holy Trinity Reformed Church
Reformed Church of St Andrew
God’s Covenant Reformed Evangelical Church
Due to the conflict in Ukraine, we ask that you prayerfully consider giving to help our Ukrainian brothers and sisters in Christ.
Covenant Bible Church in Alaska is presently handling all JEEP donations. Please add a note designating your gift “Ukraine Relief.”
More Ukrainian Ministries
There are also many ministries in Ukraine, including Svitlo Christian School, the “Tsehla” Christian Youth ministry, and Nazareth House. Find out more on our ministries page.