The War in Ukraine:
How You Can Help
GDP (Per Capita)
What’s Happening in Ukraine?
By now, you are all aware that there is a full-fledged war in Ukraine, the homeland of six of our JEEP-affiliated churches. These churches are in cities located primarily in the central, and western regions of Ukraine, in the cities of Ivano-Frankivsk, Rivne, Pidhaichyky, Dunaivtsi, and Mykolaiv. These cities and areas are now under some level of threat or direct assault by the Russian army.
The situation is dire and changing quickly: there are families fleeing the country to Hungary, Poland, and Germany; migrants from Kyiv and other cities are fleeing to smaller villages; some banks are limiting ATM withdrawals; energy and food shortages are arising, along with supply chain disruptions, currency devaluation, etc.
How are the Churches Doing?
At this very moment, the churches in Ukraine and in neighboring Poland and Hungary are:
- sheltering refugees
- assisting those who wish to cross the border
- supplying food to the poorest families in their communities who are hardest hit by the economic problems
- continuing to hold church services, even in bomb shelters
- supporting their communities
- sharing the love and peace of Christ in these hard times.
Latest News From Ukraine
Ukraine Update: March 18, 2022
The war began 21 days ago, and the Lord has stirred the hearts of many saints to respond to the needs in Ukraine. We continue to receive inquiries and donations from various quarters. The response is remarkable.The grace continues to flow. We praise the Lord for His...
Ukraine Updates: March 6, 2022
an update on the Ukraine war crisis and its impact on our six sister CREC churches in Ukraine, as well as JEEP’s response the past 11 days since the Russian army invaded Ukraine on February 24.
Summer 2021 Newsletter
Please pray for the newly-formed Hus Presbytery, as the churches may be hindered from meeting in person this fall, again due to Covid regulations. An alternate ad hoc meeting is being considered, similar to last year’s meeting. Not only this, but depending on Covid...
How You Can Help
- PRAY for safety, comfort, and courage for the churches and the pastors. Pray for peace in Ukraine, for justice, for wisdom, and for provision, and for success in defending their country. Pray individually and in prayer meetings.
- SING. The Lord deserves our worship during this time. Glorify God for His power, grace, goodness, and justice. The Psalms as the weapons of our warfare are mighty in God (2 Cor. 10:4-5). Our resurrected Lord Jesus is established as King, He has all authority in earth and heaven, and He is working to bring the nations to Himself. Our proper response even in times of crisis and war is to sing Psalms and hymns of thanksgiving, praise, repentance, supplication, and imprecation.
- CONNECT with our Ukrainian CREC pastors and their churches on social media or personally, so that you can stay updated with the latest news and prayer requests. If you know a Ukrainian personally, reach out to them and let them know you are praying for them
- DONATE. Give generously and, if possible, regularly. We don’t know how long this crisis will last, but even if the conflict ends soon, the impacts will most likely be ongoing, and needs will arise over time. Your donations will help our brothers and sisters survive and minister to others during these difficult times.
CREC Churches in Ukraine
Reformed Church of Christ the Savior
The Reformed Church of Ivano-Frankivsk
Mission Church of Rivne Biblical Church
Holy Trinity Reformed Church
Reformed Church of St Andrew
God’s Covenant Reformed Evangelical Church
Due to the conflict in Ukraine, we ask that you prayerfully consider giving to help our Ukrainian brothers and sisters in Christ.
Covenant Bible Church in Alaska is presently handling all JEEP donations. Please add a note designating your gift “Ukraine Relief.”
More Ukrainian Ministries
There are also many ministries in Ukraine, including Svitlo Christian School, the “Tsehla” Christian Youth ministry, and Nazareth House. Find out more on our ministries page.
What Can You Do to Help?
Partner with Our Churches in Prayer for Eastern Europe
Get to know the work God is doing in Eastern Europe.
Visit our blog.
Like our Facebook page.
Support J.E.E.P.’s work financially. Send donations to:
C/O Covenant Bible Church
PO Box 227
Palmer, AK 99645